CAULIFLOWER & CRISPY BACON HOLIDAY PIZZA
#ad This PIZZA RECIPE got me HO, HO, HO!
This Cauliflower & Crispy Bacon Holiday Pizza is crunchy and cheesy, sweet and savory, and it’s also super tasty and affordable!
Believe me, your whole family will love you for it…
Even the little ones!
Facts and things that inspired me:
1) My love for thin pizza crust.
2) My desire to make a healthier option for those Farmer John® Classic Pork Sausage Links and Farmer John® Classic Premium Bacon fans!
3) My “hasta la muerte” love affair with CHEESE (as you know me)
Find your local Vallarta supermarket [link in bio]
- 1 large head cauliflower, "riced"
- ½ tbsp sea salt
- 1tbsp sunflower kernels
- 1 tbsp each chia and flax seed powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ½ cup wheat bran
- 1 heaping Tbsp cornstarch (to help bind the pizza crust)
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp dried oregano or fresh oregano
- ¼ cup regular parmesano or vegan parmesan cheese
½ tsp coconut oil
3 garlic cloves
4 tomatoes (use san marzano, or campari)
½ tsp each: salt and sugar
1 Tbsp cornmeal or almond flour (this will avoid the dough from sticking to the parchment)
Add your favorites!
TOPPINGS Add your favorites!
- 1 8oz. Package of Farmer John® Classic Pork Sausage Links defrosted and sautéed until golden and deliciously sliced.
- 1 12oz. Package of Farmer John® Classic Premium Bacon, cook until crispy, then crumble
- 4-6 Fresh basil leaves
- Homemade tomato sauce (or store-bought pizza sauce)
- Pesto (optional)
- ¼ each Yellow and orange bell pepper, slice, sautéed
- 1 shallot, finely sliced and sautéed
- 2 radishes finely sliced and sautéed
- Red pepper flake (optional, if you love spicy)
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese or vegan parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp dried cranberries
- 8 capers (wash and drain)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Use a food processor to make the cauliflower “rice” Set aside.
- In a large pot bring water to a boil. Add riced cauliflower. Cook for 7 minutes. Then drain in a fine mesh strainer. Let cool for 10 minutes. Strain again.
- Now, let’s make homemade tomato sauce!
In a blender add tomatoes, salt, sugar and blend.
- In a pan, add 1/4 tsp coconut oil or olive oil. Add the garlic and sautéed for about 5-7 minutes or until golden. Add the tomato sauce and cook for about 10 minutes (medium heat) or until sauce is thicker. (you don’t want a runny tomato sauce on top of your pizza right?) Set aside.
- Back to cauliflower rice: Squeeze out as much of the excess liquid as possible. Make sure no more water is coming out. (this step is VERY IMPORTANT) Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, prepare the rest of the pizza’s crust ingredients. Add cauliflower and combine well. Taste and adjust flavor as needed.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Sprinkle with a little cornmeal or almond flour. (this will prevent the pizza from sticking when slicing.
- With a spatula or your hands gently spread the dough into a circle or your fav pizza’s shape. For thickness I suggest 1/2-inch thick or less.
- Let’s Bake the crust (in the oven) for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and carefully flip the crust. (laying another sheet of parchment paper on top of the crust will help you tons). Back to the oven for 20 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and add your desired toppings on top: Farmer John® Classic Pork Sausage Links and Farmer John® Classic Premium Bacon. Uhm!
- Bake for another 10 min or until toppings are tender.
- Remove from the oven and Enjoy a holiday bite!
- Transfer to a Pizza rack for cooling (this will prevent pizza from getting soggy)
… y a comer Pizza con las manos!