(Para ver la receta en español, visita mi cuenta en facebook)
• 1 package of your favorite pasta (if avoiding carbs, make pasta with zucchini) • 2 Tbsp coconut oil (olive or water also work)
• 2-3 large cloves garlic (minced)
• 1 cup portobello mushroom ( or your fav), sliced
• 2 28-ounce cans peeled crushed or diced tomatoes without salt (my favorite are San Marzano (I suggest buying organic if possible)
• 3 Tbsp tomato paste
• 1 tsp dried or fresh oregano
• 1 tsp dried or fresh Rosemary
• 1/4 tsp sweet paprika
• 1 Tbsp honey, stevia, maple syrup, or sugar to taste or none if avoiding sugar
• 1 tsp himalayan pink or sea salt
• 1/8 tsp red pepper flake (or more if you like spice)
• 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh basil (plus more for serving)
• 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh parsley (plus more for serving)
• 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
1. Cook pasta acording to package intructions. Choose your favorite. Even Zuchinni noodles!
2. In a large pot over medium-low heat, add oil, Once is hot, add garlic and Sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently, until light golden brown. Add mushroom and sauté for 2 more minutes. Remove the mushrooms and reserve. Then add tomatoes, oregano, Rosemary, paprika, tomato paste, sugar, salt, and red pepper flakes.
3. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Then reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. It’s time to add basil and parsley and stir again. Cook for 10 minutes more.
4. Now, I invite you to taste it and adjust flavors as needed, Trust your palate (washing your mouth with water in btw always help)
5. Add the nutritional yeast if desired.
6. If the sauce is to thick, add a little water.
7. In a plate, serve tpasta, cover with salsa, add mushrooms and more fresh basil on top when serving, for extra yummyliciousness. I even added avocado to mine!
8. Keep it in the refrigerator up to 5 days, or in the freezer up to 1 month.